Pear, Prosciutto and Truffled Brie Tart
There's nothing easier than using frozen puff pastry for serving warm, elegant appetizers. Personalize with your own favorite toppings.
Author: Lemons & Anchovies
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ½ pear, peeled, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 - 3 slices prosciutto
- A couple ounces Brie cheese (I used brie with truffles)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Trim about ½ inch from the edges of the puff pastry sheet and set back on top of the sheet to form a border. Trim the excess to fit. Press the edges slightly to bind together. Pierce the surface of the pastry sheet with a fork to prevent puffing while you pre-bake.
- Arrange the pastry sheet on a baking sheet (I lined mine with nonstick foil), brush very lightly with olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes, until it starts to color a little.
- Remove the pre-baked pastry from the oven and scatter the toppings, cheese first, then the prosciutto followed by the pears. Brush the top very lightly with olive oil just to aid in browning. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden. The toppings should be a little golden, too.
- Cut in small squares; serve warm.