Burrata and Cucumber Crostini
The power of simple but ultra-fresh ingredients is demonstrated in this elegant appetizer. There are no hard-rules about proportions in the ingredients so feel free to make this your own.
Author: Lemons and Anchovies
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- Clarified Butter, about half a stick (or olive oil)
- Fresh emon juice
- Baguette slices
- Feel free to use olive oil for this recipe but if you are using butter, just note that it is better served while the latter is still warm. To clarify it, simmer the butter on the stove over low heat until the foam rises to the top. Simmer for a few minutes until the foam stops forming. Take off the heat and skim the foam with a spoon. To remove the rest of the foam, strain the clarified butter using a cheese cloth arranged on top of a strainer. The clear liquid that is left is the clarified butter.
- Add as much or as little fresh lemon juice until the dressing is to your liking and salt to taste.
- Arrange the burrata and cucumber slices on plate and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with toasted sliced baguettes.