Sautéed Fresh Cranberry Beans with Sage and Garlic
What these fresh cranberry beans lose in color they gain back in taste after sautéing them in garlic and fresh sage.
Author: Lemons and Anchovies
Recipe type: Snack
- Fresh Cranberry Beans, shelled
- Minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves per cup of shelled beans)
- Olive oil (about 2 tablespoons per ½ - 1 cup of beans)
- Fresh sage leaves (as many as you want)
- Lemon or lime juice (a tablespoon ½ - 1 cup of beans)
- salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the beans until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- In the same pot or in another pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sage and fry for about 1 minute.
- When the sage starts to get crisp, add the beans and sauté for a couple of minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and starts to color. Remove from heat, squeeze a bit of lemon juice, toss, and serve.