- 1 pound farfalle or any pasta you like
- 3 chicken apple sausages, casings removed (Next time I would at least 4 – 5 sausages)
- Quick-roasted tomatoes (amount you see in picture, cut in half, tossed in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and roasted at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes)
- 1/3 cup white wine (add more if adding more sausage and tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- olive oil (I used infused oil but you can use regular)
- 2-3 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- sage leaves (I chopped 4 or 5 large leaves)
- mushrooms, chopped (I had only a handful but more would be better)
- Red chili flakes if not using infused oil
Prepare your pasta of choice.
While waiting for the pasta, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan large enough to hold the pasta. Add the sausages that have been removed from their casings and cook over medium-high heat until they’re slightly brown. If you aren’t using infused olive oil, you can add the chili flakes at this point. Add the chopped mushrooms and let them cook with the sausages for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic to the middle of the pan and cook for about half a minute then add the white wine and deglaze the pan. Next, add the roasted tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes just until the flavors are combined. Add the chopped fresh sage. Salt, to taste.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan, toss with the sauce, plate and serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.