I recommend making a double batch of these savory madeleines--they're guaranteed to disappear fast!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 24 mini madeleines
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1 ounce freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or gruyere)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary or chives
Preheat your oven to 425℉. I recommend spraying your madeleine pan with nonstick spray even if it's already labeled as nonstick.
Using a food processor, combine the ingredients from the flour to the yogurt and blend well. Add the cheese and rosemary and process until combined.
Spoon the batter onto the madeleine molds and bake in the center rack of your oven for about 10 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool the madeleines for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature (I prefer them warm).