****There are only a few days left in the Le Creuset Pairings contest. I would appreciate your votes by “liking” by image on Pinterest! Please click here for the link. Thank you!
This simple sorbet with fresh pineapple and banana captures the fresh flavors of a tropical summer.
Author: Lemons and Anchovies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 cups fresh pineapple cut in chunks (see note below)
- 1 ripe banana
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of your fruits)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Cointreau
- Add the pineapple chunks, banana, sugar and lime juice in a blender until very smooth. You may have to do this in batches like I did. Taste for sweetness and adjust add a bit more sugar if you feel it needs it.
- Strain the mixture in a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours before churning in your ice cream maker.
- Before processing in your ice cream maker stir in the Cointreau. Process according to manufacturer's directions. Chill until frozen and serve. Makes two quarts of sorbet.
One pineapple will make about 4 cups but I had extra fresh pineapple making for a larger batch here. For one whole pineapple, you would only need about ⅓ cup sugar, half the lime juice and half the Cointreau. I would still add the entire banana.